Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rechargeable battery life degradation

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiruthikar

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What does battery life degradation mean?
If my battery has full voltage capacity of 12V in the perfect condition, will the degradation reduce the voltage capacity to less than 12?

The voltage won't be much reduced but the Amp Hour capacity will. What battery chemistry are we talking about?

The voltage won't be much reduced but the Amp Hour capacity will. What battery chemistry are we talking about?

I have a rechargeable lithium - ion battery of capacity 4.2Ah (11.1V, 48 Wh).
If I want to monitor the charge level 100%, what parameter should I track? Is it the voltage level of 11.1V?

I have a rechargeable lithium - ion battery of capacity 4.2Ah (11.1V, 48 Wh).
If I want to monitor the charge level 100%, what parameter should I track? Is it the voltage level of 11.1V?

You need to track the AH level of the battery(mean to say the power).

You need to track the AH level of the battery(mean to say the power).

How can i track the Ah level? Which parameter of the battery should i use to calculate the Ah?

Are you just looking for a way to determine how much power your battery has left each time you use it or trying to determine it's long term capacity loss as it ages?

Are you just looking for a way to determine how much power your battery has left each time you use it or trying to determine it's long term capacity loss as it ages?

Given that the full voltage level of the rechargeable battery does NOT reduce over time (due to degradation), I'm looking to find how much power the battery is left with each time i use it.

Battery fuel gauge circuits are made for Li-Ion: **broken link removed** or you could make a simpler bar graph type volt meter using this IC: **broken link removed**. Since most of the discharge curve for a Li-Ion cell happens in a 1V range (per cell) **broken link removed**, yiou could set up a bar graph from 10.2V to 12V in 0.2V steps, 9.3V to 12V in 0.3V steps or whatever works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.