Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

receptor that is not well wired - noise at DLVA output

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonio_s

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
noise at DLVA output

Hello

i'm working with a receptor that is not well wired. I want to know what happens when the following occurs: the video cable that connect the schotty detector with the PCB (Log video amplifier) is not well connected to the PCB. The core (video) and the shield (ground) (i don't know the correct names in english) are too separated on the board. I've been that the core and the shield should separate as less as possible. Right now, the soldering points are too separated and the guy who wires the receptor separates the two wires very soon, something like 5cm long before reaching the pcb. Does this create much more noise?

What happens if I connect a video cable to a low frequency signal and I separate the signal from the ground in distance so that the core of the cable and the shield separate. I understand that there will be much more noise. What happens if I continue separating the cable to the point that I have two independent wires from the source to the oscilloscope? Does it depend on the bandwidth of the signal?
If it is 200 MHz do i loose it? If it's DC it doesn't matter.

I expect some comments on these interesting topic. Help me please!!

I love this forum!
(greetings from Madrid)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back