Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

receiving data at server sent from modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lionheart123

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I tried with following commands and the response of the gprs modem was following. I am confused about how to receive the data at the server sent from modem. I am using the server like www.abc.com and it has given me url like www.project.abc.com. now i have to send data like lattitude and longitude from gprs modem and display in my home page. how can i do that. i am very much confused about server. i found we can do using http protocol but confused about how and where to use that. do we have to use this protocol in at commands? can u give me any idea with examples as soon as possible for my project.
AT
OK
AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","apn"
OK
AT+CSTT="apn"
OK
AT+CIICR
OK
AT+CIFSR
AT+CIPSTATUS
OK

STATE: IP STATUS

AT+CDNSORIP=0
OK

AT+CIPSTART="TCP","ip","80"
OK

CONNECT OK

AT+CIPSEND
> HELLO
SEND OK

CLOSED

You need 2 things to do what you want:
1- Code on your server to accept the data from your GPRS modem and save it
2- Code on your server to take the saved data and display it on a web page.

You can do this using several different languages (CFML, ASP, JSP, PHP, etc.) depending on what type of server you have. A good, basic reference can be found at www.W3Schools.com

thnx.... gsm man for ur reply.
actually i am doing vehicle tracking system for my final project. my algorithm is to receive lat,lon value at server insert this into mysql database and plot in google map.
but now i am stuck in receiving data at server and have very less time.

i have very less knowledge about server. on ur reply u said depending upon type of server, what's this type of server. can i receive data at server using http request if so how can i do this. i am very much confused. on searching i found using following command after At+cipsend.

GET/post.php?<GPS data>HTTP/1.0
Connection: Keep-Alive
Host:WWW.XYZ.com
can i get my job done with this command. but no knowledge of what this command does and what the file post.php refers to.

how can i code with php at server to receive data. can i do with like $_REQUEST.

The line "GET/post.php?<GPS data>HTTP/1.0" is the request. The "post.php" is the name of the web page on the server that is being called - it's a PHP file.

Technically, you should be using a 'POST' command to store data, but the 'GET' is OK for a non-commercial application.

To save the latitude & longitude the request would look something like this:
Code:
GET/post.php?Lat=40.1234&Long=75.3456 HTTP/1.0
In the "post.php" file on your server, you will need to write code that extracts the "Lat" and "Long" values and stores them in your data base.

Per my previous post, refer to the web site https://www.W3Schools.com. This site has tutorials to explain how to do what you want with PHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back