Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

receiving and transmitting data vb6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolly20

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good day! this is my first post and i would like you to help me.

So I'm going to start with my project concept.

I have to create an application in vb6 which will receive and transmit data using the serial port.
I have created a database which have 3 text boxes to display data. so i am to interface a micro controller with a bar code reader through the serial port. i want to make a program in vb6 where when i scan using the bar code reader, the bar code will be displayed on the first text box and then it's name and price will be displayed also in the 2 remaining text boxes which matches the certain bar code . and then it will transmit the name and price in the text boxes through the serial port and display it in the LCD in the micro controller.

I guess vb6 means Visual Basic? Have you looked among the Samples folders? They may contain sample code which can be building blocks for what you want to do.

At first it will be a job simply to figure out how to communicate a few bytes of data.

Are you familiar with commands to open serial communications? To set the parameters for baud rate, parity, half/full duplex, number of bits per datum, etc.?

Yes, it is visual basic 6

im familiar with some commands for the mscomm function,
can you give me a sample code that will receive data and place it in a textbox and then transmit data coming from two text boxes and the process should just continue as the program runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back