Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Receive and Transmit Center Tap connected internally

Status
Not open for further replies.

nat_jacker

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a question about LAN Transformer. I am using HS1606 LAN Transformer with RJ45.

My question is, how do I make the connection for my LAN Transformer to the RJ45. It seems that the center tap is both connected internally(RCT and TCT).

For any other commenters: **broken link removed**

First off, check your phy's datasheet, it should have a reference design. Look for what it wants the center tap to be biased to. Tie that to pin 4 (usually calls for a .1uF bypass cap.) That the two are tied internally is usually not a problem*. The datasheet should also have a RJ-45 side recommendation, probably (from pin 13) a 75 ohm resistor in series with a 2KV capacitor to chassis ground (possibly with other 75 ohm resistors from the unused 4+5 8+7 pairs to the same capacitor.)

*Otherwise, if tying them together is a problem for your phy, there are tons of other vendors out there with different package styles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back