Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reasons for following low and high densities in layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandra Rao

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I want to know about reasons for following low and high densities in layout(like for metals)
So please explain me

Thanks inadvance

Reg:Density

reliability wise, u need a uniform metal distribution among the die so that during CMP all parts on the die is equally affected .
i guess from yield point of view u need a small gradient of metal change (i.e. the metal concentration should change with a small rate among the die.

Reg:Density

If you have an area with too low metal density, the covering oxide bends down and the vias connecting metals get disconnected.

Re: Reg:Density

planarization of layers is required to ensure a flat surface. if a certain layer doesn't have a flat surface, there is a tendency of the succeeding layers to have a curvature leading to breaks(microfracture). this is the reason why there is a minimum density of a certain layer.
hope it helps...
regards

Re: Reg:Density

Hi all,
Thanks for the reply.

According to all messages I understand that at the low density areas oxide layer over the metals gets bend down and succedding layers are effected ,
Please explain me how exactly it gets bend or give me any pdf on this.

Regards,
Chandra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back