Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reason for glitch at the Output of DAC when Analog supply to it is switched off ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikasveshan

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all ,

I am using a 16 bit R-2R ladder DAC for generating voltage output.
The analog supply to the DAC is ( Avdd/Avss ) +/- 15V and i have configured the DAC so as to get output of 10V .
When i switch off the analog supply to the DAC , the DAC output starts decreasing as expected till supply voltages reach about 6V/-9V ( Avdd/Avss) .
At AVdd/Avss = 6V/-9V i observe a glitch at the Vout ( The Vout shoots down to -8.9V for around 400uS and then again rises up to 0V.

I would be thankful if anyone could help me in understanding the reason behind the glitch.

Thanks & regards !!
VV

It will be various parts of the IC stopping working at different voltages. If you want a glitch free turn off you will need to isolate the out - add an analogue switch for examples.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back