Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

*real time problems in Matlab or Simulink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xellos

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
matlab real time simulink block

I have to simulate Robosoccer objects tracking in real time... here are my questions. I use a regular webcam and a PM1.5G laptop.
I hope to get help from you...

1. To simulate in real time must use simulink?
2. How to control the memory increases?
3. How "real time windows target" works when it processes tracking?
can it captures a new frame and processes the last frame in same time?
4. I even don't know how to build webcam input block in Simulink. I tried blocks all
I know.

thanks for your time. >.<

Added after 29 minutes:

I noticed berko3000, sztibi82 and Sherif zakaria were interested in this area.
I suggest let's communicate.

sz_ice@msn.com

to berko3000: I have less experience in programme, but I know if you are not good at C++, you can use Simulink to compile the successful model in C++ program.

webcam real time windows target build

come on!
I need help...

running *.mdl file without simulink and matlab

Well, I haven't used real data acquisition from webcams but I have used the real time workshop several times for control purposes. If you want to run your systems from simulink you an use the real time windows target. If you have a good computer the code from simulink is exexcuted with hihg perfomance in Windows.
nebisman

xpc target webcam

thank you nebisman.

I never used simulink before.
I don't know how to connet webcam with simulink.
I don't choose which block as webcam input in simulink.
I tried 'digital input' block and 'from m file' block.

simulink webcam use

Hi

i think that it is not so easy and which Matlab u use???
i have matlab 6.5 R13 and i know all blocks in this version..no blocks for webcams
so try the newer version

webcam simulink

thanks, matrixanov

my matlab version is 6.5.1 R13 SP1

webcam in matlab 6.5

I used RTW of Matlab as xPCTarget. You can generate code from Simulink mdl file and use it with either PC with Matlab or without it. It is easy to do, if your have interface hardware, that is included into xPC target Simulink library. Test, is it possible to conect webcamera with this h/w?
You can find xPCTarget library in Simulink

how to use real time windows target simulink

hi, jNekas

I never used Simulink or RTW before. I found xPCTarget. Is mdl file an executable file?
Do you mean create a model with some blocks in Simulink and compile it to a mdl file and run it?

If yes, use which block in xPCTarget as webcam input?

thanks for your time.

simulink webcam real time workshop

In Simulink you draw your model, test it by simulation. If it works as you want, you can compile it into executable code. See simulink menu - tools -RTW-options -browse. Studing ot items about these tools may take 2-3 weeks, but after that you can generate code by mouse clicking. Matlab help is good for studing

matlab realtime problems

if you write a m-file. the processer process it from the top to the bottom.
in what situation, processer can process two or more tasks in same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back