Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Real time Graphics in VB Help ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

think4u

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My project is to get non electrical parameters like temperature, pressure, speed and send this reading to PC.

my problems is i have finished working with PIC which Converts the analog data to digital and i am sending this data serial through USart in PIC

I used VB to communicate with PIC.

i used MSCOMM component in VB

but i am newer to this VB, so i need help how to show the values with GRAPH
(x axis time, yaxis degrees -for Temperature)

I need to store the reading also, its 8 bit data from PIC,
how to interpet the reading into corresponding unit
for example
if room temp is 50 degree, in PC my graph should show 50 degree(and not binary data,)
please tell me how to make this conversion

PLease HELP ME:!::?:

You can use MSComm to read integer values from the serial port. You dont need to worry abt the binary conversion.
Then you can use a picturebox to show the graph but try to keep the dimensions low. VB pictureboxes are memory hogs and can be really slow.

thedesolatesoul said:
VB pictureboxes are memory hogs and can be really slow.

You can overcome this problem by building your own high performance "picture handler" library and call that library from within VB. You can use Intel optimizing compiler for this. Intel optimizing compiler is a C/C++ compiler though. Thus, you have to be quite well educated in C/C++ programming for that too. And mind you that you can squeeze the performance even more by utilizing the industry standard SSE/SSE2 x86 instruction set that's available on x86 processors. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back