Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

real time desktop clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishna prasad

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to build digital clock with basic seven segment display can any one please help me....and which is best using real time clock or micro-controller??

which is best using real time clock or micro-controller??

the one that fits your needs is the best.

Hi,
If you want a good clock, suggestion of santoshaxl is a good one, it has a real time clock with backup battery. However, the costs might be a little bit high due to components.
If you want to build a basic clock, nothing fancy, just a clock (Display and time adjust only)and also for the purpose of initial learning/programming, then here's the one i've seached from internet. I slightly modifed a few lines according to my liking and to the intended circuit. Im new to this forum and to the microcontrollers, so I am faced with so much questions too.
But the attached files are just recently tested on breadboard. So it is working.
I dont take credits for the whole circuit and programs, i just downloaded it somewhere in the internet, or maybe here and modified. You can remove power supply and just run it using 6V battery. You can push the PIC to run even without the resistors R1 to R7.
ASM, HEX and DIAGRAM in attached file. Actually the diagram tells where it came from.
Hope this helps.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.