Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[AVR] reading keyboard via AT90USB1287

Status
Not open for further replies.

banner

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there
As stated in datasheet AT90USB1287 has OTG USB....but i can not understand from the datasheet that can I read a keyboard via this port or not?
Actually this link confuse me : https://blog.harrylau.com/2011/04/understanding-usb-otg-difference.html
is it Dual-role or peripheral only? ad if dual-role how can i understand which devices does it support?

thanks in advance,

it's a limited HOST USB OTG device, it can't do a lot of complicated stuff, but it can work with any USB keyboard (boot protocol or HID parse)

according the definitions on your link, the AT90USB1287 is a dual role device. By the same pins, it can work as a DEVICE, or as a HOST, and it has the negotiation capabilities of a true OTG device, but it isn't a complete HOST, it has some limitations... but it works for most stuff!!!

anyway if you don't have where to start, I want to recommend the Dean's LUFA, the examples worked with minimum modifications (I made my own board so I needed to choose the NO BOARD definition) it's said that you can integrate LUFA to Atmel Studio, but I didn't read more on the topic, you can also look for that stuff too...

Status
Not open for further replies.