Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reading from and writing to RFID tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

MohammadElwakeel

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
writing to rfid

Dear All,

I have a question about RFID. I'm using TRF7960 reader chip. My question is:

I've succeeded to program the reader registers, configured it to ISO14443-A protocol. I was able to send REQA command and got the response from the tag, I sent SELECTS command and the tag responded. now the tag is selected but I don't know how to write or read data from the memory of the tag, can anybody tell me please, how to write to some certain address in the tag or read from a certain address.

Thanks so much, please anyone with any small piece of information, reply and say it.

rfid writing

ISO14443 doesnt't specify a particular application level protocol, e.g. to interface memory cards. Typically protocols as ISO7816 (a standard for contact cards) or Philips Mifare are used. Refer to the documentation of your memory card and respective TRF7960 application information.

writing on iso-14443 card

Dear FvM,

thank you for your reply. I need to ask you two questions:

1- Is it true that in order to communicate with mifare cards, the reader chip must be philips ASIC?
2- would you suggest me some RFID that comply with ISO 14443-A with memory of about 1kbyte? please, suggest some easy tag to interface with.

Thanks so much and best regards

trf7960 14443 register

MohammadElwakeel said:
Dear All,

I have a question about RFID. I'm using TRF7960 reader chip. My question is:

I've succeeded to program the reader registers, configured it to ISO14443-A protocol. I was able to send REQA command and got the response from the tag, I sent SELECTS command and the tag responded. now the tag is selected but I don't know how to write or read data from the memory of the tag, can anybody tell me please, how to write to some certain address in the tag or read from a certain address.

Thanks so much, please anyone with any small piece of information, reply and say it.

hi,
I am also working on TRF7960 RFID IC.
I am using PIC18F4420 to control the TRF7960, but having some problems in
reading.

Which controller are you using to control TRF7960??

Regards,
rajan

writing tag data to rfid tags

Hello, I'm working with this chip also, I'm using atmega128 & trf7960, I can also read and write registers but I cannot read anything from tags. Are you setting some other registers than ChipStatusControl and ISOControl before transmiting REQA???
please reply
Thanks in advance!

how to read rfid tag

ISO 14443A does not specify, how to read or write data. ISO 15693 does, but for ISO 14443A, you need the datasheet of the tag. There, the command sequence will be described.

@Heronx: What exactly do you send to the tag? Do you have an oscilloscope for watching the data?

Tom

how to write rfid tag

Hi, I have opened new post, there are details:

Last edited by a moderator:

Re: writing to rfid

Dear u have to use the writer to write in the memory chip

Can u tell me which chip u have used
i mean model nmbr of the chip
ant tell me one thing when u matced the chip impedance
have u used the opposite sign from imaginary part or the same sign
Regards Saeed Khan

Status