Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reading External values from PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

PA3040

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,
This is related to PIC 16f877a MCU

I need to read three external signals which is 8bit

Ex.
1. 10101010
2. 11100011
3. 11110000

Then I need to compare this readings with internal literal values and if mach put the output on the PORTB

My question is, which peripheral I must used for read the above values among Timers or CCP or USART
Please advice

Please advice

The signals are coming as 8 bit frame in Serially

Not really enough info to go on; you do not define anything about the serial method / speed or what generates it.

You can use the hardware Usart if its a standard speed and protocol.

You could just use a port to monitor for the signal and test when it changes / combine with the interrupt functions from port B if its possible to use them as inputs at all ?

Reactions: PA3040

PA3040

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Dear WP100, Thanks for the reply

Actually I need to design a signals generator to send MCU

Finally I should need send 8 bit signal and read it from MCU

Could you please give me a appropriate solution

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Sorry, but cannot quiet grasp what you are doing with the 8 bit signal and where it comes from ?

You say need to design a signal generator ? -that produces 8 bits ? - the same or constantly changing ?
A simple way would be a shift register where you set up the 8 bits by switches and then flush them out serially to the pic.

You then want to serially read in this signal and display it a 8 bits on Port B of a Pic ?

Is this what you are after ? https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9519

Reactions: PA3040

PA3040

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Dear wp100 thanks for the reply

Actually I need is remote controller effect, but not commercially available one. I have to design both rx and tx

Please advice

Status
Not open for further replies.