Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reading a passive temp sensor and converting the output to binary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Packocrayons

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm planning on using a thermistor to create a small little temperature sensor. I do have an arduino as well as a picaxe 20M2 but I was thinking I would be able to do it analog, would this be possible/simple? I have a bunch of BCD to 7 seg decoders so if I can get a binary output I can use that, It'll be measuring from 30 to <100*C.

You do realize that a thermistor is non-linear so you will have to do a correction in software if you want to display in degrees?

If you want a linear output you could buy a temperature measurement IC, of which there are many. Some even directly output a digital signal.

I did not know that, I guess I'll just have to power it with arduino then to keep it simpler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back