Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

read .wav file using verilog

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanhe

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to implement audio LSB steganography using verilog..
I tried alot but not able to read the .wav using verilog.. As use to do with MATLAB... Kindly suggest

If reading the file is for testbench purposes only then read the file in binary and interpret the data contained in the file using an FSM or some other method.

If you're plan is to have an FPGA hardware design read a file from your computers HDD then that makes no sense. For an Verilog design implemented and then downloaded to a stand alone FPGA board, you need to ask yourself how it's going to read a file from your computer when it's stand alone and has no capability to control the computers HDD controller. In this instance you would have to write some driver on the computer to send the file over some interface to the FPGA hardware (e.g. Ehternet, UART, etc).

Thanks ads we for the reply..
But my plan is to read a certain database Using UART In fpga... That is to interface with the HDD...

So please suggest the possible solution for this.,..

Thanks ads we for the reply..
But my plan is to read a certain database Using UART In fpga... That is to interface with the HDD...

So please suggest the possible solution for this.,..

This looks like you want me to do the system design for you. Sorry, but I don't do systems design for edaboard projects. You come up with a system design for this project and I'll be glad to critique it and make suggestions for improvements or comment about design flaws.

I have implemented the complete system using matlab., but I am not getting how yo start/ initiate in verilog ...as there is a command in MATLAB like wavread from which we can read wav file and can convert into binary similarly how to do the same in verilog.....

If any book or literature is available please suggest...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back