Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

read my idea ;start up my Device from far away power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z A H R A .GH

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI DEAR FRIENDS .
i have idea , and want to say with you this project , then we thinking about this ...my idea possible or impossible ?

i want to transfer electrical energy WIRELESS LY ; for example i want to start up my PC (case of PC) , i want to power it without connect this to Prise ,

in one , give DC VOLTAGE from 220(or 110)voltage AC , then convert voltage to frequency ,then send this frequency ( and if need ,use suitable Filter ) ,

THEN in other hand ,in our device use converter frequency to voltage .

some one tell me this idea is possible by VCO .

please help me , i need a detail and complete information.

Re: read my idea ;start up my Device from far away power sup

The idea is not clear

If you want to transfer electric power wirelessly then forget it. This has recently been done by an MIT team ( a topic of recent and active research ). If you are just trying to power up a remote device, then this can easily be done

Please clarify

Re: read my idea ;start up my Device from far away power sup

The problem with your idea is the same one that has plagued all of the attempts at wireless power transfer.

The available power falls off as the inverse square of the distance between the transmitter and the receiver. Over any appreciable distance, you would have to transmit thousands of times more power than you need at the receiver just to overcome the losses in the transmission path.

Experimentation in this field goes back to Tesla in the 1800's. Nobody has been able to come up with a practical solution in over a century of trying.

Ya, Tesla was experimenting with that ages ago.

The other consideration is whether the power transfer will be line of sight or omni directional.

If line of sight, what happens when no line of sight?

If omni, how much power are you trying to transfer? How much power would you need to transfer it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back