Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] read data out from another controller lcd module and send it into another controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

fer_yana

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have part counting machine. This machine is using at89s52 as controller and lcd module.
I need to read result from machine lcd module and send it into my controller (at89c55wd).
Any idea?

You can't read data from the lcd directly, however you can plug in parallel with the lcd to intercept the data the counting machine is sending.

Can you give me some example (code in assembly) how to intercept the data and send it to my controller.

AFAIK, its hard to capture result from the LCD module. if you want the result maybe you can capture from sensor pulses and feed to at89c55wd, the microcontroller doing same job to count but you can have the count data and you can process the data further.

or if you want, write your own program to mimicking the machine`s original program and add a feature i.e send the result via RS232 and write it to machine`s 8952..

Last edited:

I want plug in parallel with the lcd to intercept the data the counting machine is sending. Is it posibble?

what LCD module that machine`s using? character or graphic LCD?
although it is not impossible, IMHO, capturing character LCD`s parallel data is difficult and almost impossible when using graphic LCD.
get the LCD`s controller datasheet to study further.

The machine used Topway lm12864 graphical lcd module. Datasheet from manufacture doesn't give me complete information.

well AFAIK, it is impossible to extract the value displayed on the graphic LCD..the best way is to capturing from machine`s sensor and do counting from your microcontroller.

Use RS485 - it's robust and noise immune, you can have up to 1500m distance between receiver and transmitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.