Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

re: HOW TO DETECT A COUNTERFEIT (FAKE) BILL FROM A GENUINE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpresza

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to detect fake bill

HEy guys,

I am doing a topic on how to detect a counterfeit currency. From my research,
I figured there seems to be lots of ways of going about this.
I have spotted out all the security features in my data but I am not well versed with writing source codes in matlab.

I need suggestions how can I go about this to detect those features in matlab and tell a fake bill from a genuine one.

A few ideas was by

1.) segmentation?

2.) by pattern recognition by spotting out security features individually and running a template over it.

3.) face recognition to detect the bill as one whole.

Can someone please advice on how I could go about doing this, for efficiency and convenience and if anyone has a source code to offer.

Thanks.

howto detect genuine and counterfeit bills

My first Thoughts are .
This will demand very high resolution camera .So a lot of processing .Maybe you will have to concentrate in processing an area full of features that the color copiers can not duplicate !. Two or three of this regions will give you some idea od the validity or not of the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back