Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RCD Diode snubber flyback

Status
Not open for further replies.

roofingboom

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have to rate my parts at 1500 v for my current project but i am having trouble locating a diode rated at 1500v 1a so i was wondering if it is ok to have two 1000v 1a diode in series for a RCD snubber in a flyback setting. Any help is greatly apperciated! Thanks.

Hi
Having two 1000V diodes will not help you. You need to dissipate the heat also through the resistor of the snubber ckt. For 1500V opeartion, why dont you try with Ultra Fast diode / surge suppressor instead of the RCD snubber

devura could you elaborate on this please for me. Basically i have a 1500 volt mosfet i want to protect and i would like to clamp around 1200-1300 V
thanks

i have researching last couple of days and i am having trouble figuring out what i am goign to do
i have a 1500v mosfet from ST and i want to clamp somwhere around 1200-1300 volts to protect the mostfet. the mosfet is hooked up in a flyback config so there is a chance of votlages greater than 1200 on mosfet turnoff.

i am looking for suggestions of a snubber for this.
i am having trouble locating components rated for this application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back