Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RC Filter components selection after rectifier circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmykk

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I have a Sine pulse input with 40V Amplitude and is connected as shown:
st.PNG

I was wondering about the selction of these 2.2uF and 1K resistor . I have used electrolytic capacitor and 0603 resistor size. Is it ok or has to be changed.
Further, the output after filter goes into VOLTAGE Divider and then into ADC Input.
The goal is to get a constant DC input in adc Input.

Many components need to be changed for 40V AC input. I believe you should do some calculations of resistor power rating on your own.

The circuit purpose isn't however completely clear. Why using 50 ohm termination? What's the input frequency range? Why using 4A rectifier diodes?

The input is 1 MHz Sine pulse (with let's say 100 cycles) coming from transformer with around 1A Current.
50 ohm resistors are for flow of the majority current as the goal is to just detect that voltage is present using ADC.
The ripple after passing rectifier therefore has to be as less as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back