Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rasberry py interfacing with am26ls31

Status
Not open for further replies.

raman00084

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am driving a servo motor in step and direction mode. my servo accepts only differential step pulses ( step+ step-). from rasberry pye i am generating square pulse train that is fed to am26ls31 input the output of am26ls31 is differential (rs 485) that is fed to the servo drive. my doubt is rasberry pye operates in 3.3v but am26ls31 supply voltage is 5v will there be any problem to the pye?

what i fell is i am not receiving any thing but i am just transmitting 3.3v pulse train to am26ls31 ic will it burn my pye io

kindly help

regards
kalyan

Hi,

are you sure step+ and step- are for differential signalling? Maybe step+ is for forward and step- is for backward. Check this.

If differential signalling.
just connect the Am26. Vcc and GND as usual. enable driver,
for the data i recommend to use an output with waveform generation ability. Then you may configure the controller to output a desired frequency without the need for processing power.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.