Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ranking for Canadian universities in Electrical Engineering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadegh.j

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am looking for a website in which I can get the ranking for Canadian universities in Electrical Engineering. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Re: University Ranking

Hi,

As far as I know, there is no official organization which rank canadian universities in special are like electrical engineering.

Just macleans has a general ranking which is not accepted by some of reputable canadian universities like U of T.

Regards,
CS

If you go to wikipedia.com and search for famous universities like Windsor or UBC which are both located in Canada, you'll be able to find out some information about the ranking of the universities in Canada.
Also, You'll be able to surf the internet via google by searching keywords like university ranking in Canada or other countries.
Although you might get a diversity of answers, you should be able to conclude the best university for yourself.

University Ranking

Sometime back i found a forum dedicated to Foreign education and related stuff unfortunately i don't remember the website now. May be searching for such a dedicated forum will help.

google->world engineering rankings..i guess u ll get
the required sites

Frequently these rankings are not based on how successful the students are. Instead they are based on how many papers the faculty publishes or how large the endowment is.

A second order effect is that they are based on the whole school or department. If the department has few courses in the area you want to be employed in the ranking is useless.

University Ranking

**broken link removed**

University Ranking

Concordia is the best :)
To be serious, its hard to say, because usually the general university ranking is provided, it sometimes doesn't take into account a particular specialization (electrical engineering in your case).
For example, McGill university acquired its high rank position mostly because of its medical faculty which conducted serious researches in the field. Or, Universite de Montreal.... is famous with its humanities.

HKUST is the best !!!

I think UBC is best ... both in terms of faculty as well as number of papers it gets published every year...

this site isn't for ranking....but it'll help you a lot to know more about universities in canada :)

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back