Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Random input for data modeling in Cadence Spectre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mostafa_Said

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

My problem is that the power consumption behavior of my circuit is highly dependent on the data values (current and previous) therefore I want to produce a random input to my circuit, the randomization here is in the timing between each consecutive pulses, I mean that the time between each two pulses is random while the voltage of every pulse is constant

does anybody know how to make that in Cadence-Spectre,

your help is highly appreciated, thanks in advance

if u know the statistics of ur pulses

just integrate the power supply current and findout power for one cycle of ur pulse

and multiply by the rate of pulses .....

to get average power

no need to generate random pulses

if u know the statistics of ur pulses

just integrate the power supply current and findout power for one cycle of ur pulse

and multiply by the rate of pulses .....

to get average power

no need to generate random pulses

Thanks a lot Sudheerkm for your reply,

The problem is that I have 2 random data sources, and the power consumption (charging and discharging of the parasitic capacitance) relay on the correlation between then and their previous values too, so I really need to generate 2 inputs with uniform random timing between each two consecutive pulses

plz Sudheerkm if you find my reply reveals that I did not get your idea well, then clarify more your previous reply to me, and thanks again for your reply

If you understand the circuit and the nature of the data
then you ought to be able to predict a worst case, best
case pulse configuration that will serve for endpoint spec
verification. But if you want a use-model statistical average
you'd have to get fancier.

Thanks a lot for all,

I have successfully found the solution,

it is using ahdlLib library, then select rand_bit_stream generator that will generate a constant voltage but with varying timing between bits.

Thanks agian for your time and effort

Status
Not open for further replies.