Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Random data signal in cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjshmadala

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends,

I have small doubt.when we simulationg digital gates in cadence.which symobl in cadence should we use for producing a random data(suppose we use Vpulse for pulse signal,what should we use for random data).i used input data as a pulse it is giving results.but for random data what we have to use
Regards
Rjshmadala

You will have to use the VPWL and specify the nunber of pairs of points you want and specify the timing.

hello,
I have used that signal and i did simulations too. actually i need random signal for Clock anda Data recovery circuits there the width of 0 and 1 should be same.i need a siganl like 0001111000111100011. like that in using Vpwl it is difficlut to produce random siganl with some frequency and having same widths isnt'it

regards
rjshmadala

You can do it using VPWL, but the timing information has to be correct for that. A little bit of basic calculation is needed thats all. I have used it to produce random data for my I/O receiver design.

Status
Not open for further replies.