Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Radio receiver chain analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnm

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Any one can help to comment on the receiver chain analysis tools such as Genesys, and ADS. What are the pros and cons for these tools?

They can be very helpful. I've done a bunch of receiver design in spreadsheets, and stuff like harmonic content, phase noise, etc can be much easier to model in Genesys. The thing to keep in mind is that you are outsourcing the detail s of your analysis to the vendor, so you should make sure you understand exactly what your simulator is doing.

Dave

Reactions: cnm

cnm

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
They can be very helpful. I've done a bunch of receiver design in spreadsheets, and stuff like harmonic content, phase noise, etc can be much easier to model in Genesys. The thing to keep in mind is that you are outsourcing the detail s of your analysis to the vendor, so you should make sure you understand exactly what your simulator is doing.

Dave

Agree w/ Dave on the brew-your-own spreadsheet for initial analysis of the receiver line-up. ADS can be a bit onerous for simple receiver analysis, Genesys might be a little more "user friendly", but to reiterate Dave's point... be sure you know what the simulator is doing (i.e. push a pencil to make sure the answers are legitimate and make sense).

Reactions: cnm

cnm

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for the comments, Dave and enjunear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back