Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Radio Controller - Buisness competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkOra

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Didn't really know where to post this but for school we entered a business competition and we need to make a prototype of our project. The basic idea is to remotely control a device that will shock and can also read the signal strength and when the strength goes so low we want a "beep" circuit to activate.
At the moment I am thinking of a 2.4ghz phone and use the pager circuit for the remote control. A simple homemade field meter to read the signal strength. Since both run on FM it seems like it will work but I am unsure if the phone signal will be detectable, never used a field meter before. Also how would I get a switch to activate based on the readout? Binary?
As for the shocking part I am thinking of a small camera flash circuit connected to a relay which will be controlled by the phone pager circuit. This project is for demonstration purposes as most of these parts are to big to compact into our product that we made up for the competition.
I know I am new but thanks to anyone who can give any insight on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back