Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Radiation Patterns with Multiple Wave Ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamtaro

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing a finite array. Each antenna in the array has a wave port. When I plot a radiation pattern, it does not appear to be an array pattern. So I am assuming the radiation pattern was calculated with only one port excited (Wave Port 1?) and the others terminated. Am I correct?

I would like to generate radiation patterns with each port excited separately. But radiation plots in HFSS don't seem to allow me to select which port to excite.

I would appreciate your advice.

Thanks.

Can I take a look on project?

hamtaro said:
I am designing a finite array. Each antenna in the array has a wave port. When I plot a radiation pattern, it does not appear to be an array pattern. So I am assuming the radiation pattern was calculated with only one port excited (Wave Port 1?) and the others terminated. Am I correct?

you are absolutely correct.

I would like to generate radiation patterns with each port excited separately. But radiation plots in HFSS don't seem to allow me to select which port to excite.

go to HFSS>Fields>Edit sources and change scaling factor and offset phase as required.

Reactions: vasikara

hamtaro

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

vasikara

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Wow! great. Thank you very much.

Is there any way to see impedance variation at different scan angles? "Edit sources" seem to work only with radiation patterns. Thanks for your help in advance!

hamtaro said:
Is there any way to see impedance variation at different scan angles? "Edit sources" seem to work only with radiation patterns.

I don't think there is any impedance variation with different scan angle. and with source edit, you can see the variations in E-field, H-field and surface current etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back