Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Radiated Power question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nadabro

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi...

Suppose i have 2 antennas both with 14dBi..

-the Energy Balance of the first antenna is 0.0129; VSWR 1.026.

-the Energy Balance of the second antenna is 0.153; VSWR 1.362.

How can this affect the performance of the antenna? is the first antenna perform better than the second?

I have not seen the term "energy balance". Please define it.

The first antenna with the better match will have a lower "reflection loss".

Radiated power =1, no power is radiated. It´s a S-Parameter from CST..the total radiated power hould have this simple formula 1-"energy balance".

But is there a way, using those two parameters (energy balance and VSWR) to determine how much better is the first antenna to the second antenna (in percentage, maybe?)

If your expression is:

radiated power = 1 - "energy balance"

one would want the lowest energy balance value. I am not familiar with CST and cannot comment on your interpretation of their parameters.

hi Azulykit.if i want to calculate the radiation gain of H plane of compose horn (h pattern,i already get it)and array (h pattern extracted using plane wave port,i already get it) but if i put the horn at focus point and consider it as feed for the array,the total h plane gain pattern not as the gain of horn*gain of array .why?
could pls help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back