Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Radar Pulse to Pulse phase stability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romansh

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I'm looking for the equation that converts Radar signal phase pulse to pulse stability from degree to DB (e.g. how much is 4°pk-pk in dB).
I couldn't find anything through google search.
Thank you in advance,
R

pulse to pulse should not matter at all, UNLESS you are coherently combining the received data from multiple pulses. what are you doing?

Yes, this is what our customer is doing. I have spec that says 4deg pk-pk pulse to pulse phase stability, however our measurement equipment showing results only in dB.
So I need to find a conversion formula.
R

You cannot get phase information from dB measurements.

You cannot get phase information from dB measurements.

This is not true, you can express phase difference in logarithmic form without loosing the information. I was thinking about Phase[dB]=20LOG10(Phase[deg]*Pi/180). Thus for 4deg peak to peak stability it will be equal to ~-30dB.
Please explain why the above is can't be correct.

where did you get that formula from? It is pretty meaningless to me.

are you trying to ask about subclutter visibility?

The formula is for converting Integrated Phase Noise from deg to DB. So, my question is, if this formula is also applies to Pulse to Pulse stability, if not does anyone know the right one?
Again, I'm not asking for the meaning and the purpose this measurement, its just that there are 2 types of equipment that doing that kind of measurement some of them providing results in dB and some of them in dBc and I need the conversion formula.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back