Status
Not open for further replies.

vamsee

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am just checking my hall sensor.. i connected my hall sensor to 9V battery via 5V voltage regulator.

in the datasheet it mention the quiscent voltage is 2.5V, that is without any magnetic field.. But when i noted down the readings using multimeter, it showing 0.71V.. I am bit confused whether i have made mistake??:roll:

pls help me out..

**broken link removed**

thanq

Double check the pin connections and measure all voltages at the sensor.

With no load and 5V on the device with no mag field it should output ~2.5 V.
Frank

ya! it shud show 2.5V, but it showing only 0.71 :???: wat might be the problem?

- - - Updated - - -

Double check the pin connections and measure all voltages at the sensor.

i did!!! but still the same

So you say, you do measure 5 V between Vcc and Gnd terminal of the sensor, but only 0.7 V between output and Gnd?

So you say, you do measure 5 V between Vcc and Gnd terminal of the sensor, but only 0.7 V between output and Gnd?

No, I measure 5V between output and gnd of 5v voltage regulator and 0.7V between output and gnd of hall sensor

so either --

1) your sensor is fried
2) you have actually not connected it correctly. Which package is it ? 3-pin SIP/ UA or SOT-23/ LH ?
3) there is actually a magnetic field present

so either --

1) your sensor is fried
2) you have actually not connected it correctly. Which package is it ? 3-pin SIP/ UA or SOT-23/ LH ?
3) there is actually a magnetic field present

i am using 3 pin SOT ratiometric hall sensor **broken link removed**

i am using 3 pin SOT ratiometric hall sensor **broken link removed**

which one ?

also ... did you cross-check your pin numbers ?

sorry... thats all the help i can give. It's too simple to not figure it out by now.

which one ?

also ... did you cross-check your pin numbers ?

sorry... thats all the help i can give. It's too simple to not figure it out by now.

Ok now i will tell u wat i have done... Without using any proto circuit board, i directly soldered the wires to the pins... i have taken the wires from the 9V battery and soldered to the 5V voltage regulator and then soldered to the hall sensor... is this might be the error???

HI all!!

I tried with new hall sensor of the same type and made connections.. but still it showing 0.7V when there is no magnetic field.. why i am not getting 2.5V??:???:

Since you are using the SOT23 package, with respect to fig. 3 of the data sheet you'll have pin 1 Vcc, pin 2 Vout and pin3 GND. The component in that figure is seen from above.
I'm not sure it can works properly with no-load; it's not clear to me what the datasheet means with "output load resistance = 4.7 kohm min.": it is the minimum required load ? Or, more probably, it is able to drive load as lower as 4.7 kohm ? However you can try with a 4.7 kohm resistor between Vout and GND.
Other possibility, but I don't think it is that, you burnt the device while soldering it.

Reactions: vamsee

vamsee

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The datasheet describes a push-pull output with limited source capability (about 1 mA). Thus 4.7k is meaned as minimal load resistor to ground, but the device will work with high impedance load.

Reactions: vamsee

vamsee

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
i am soldering for the first time. will the hall output shows the output though i burnt the device?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…