Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

quick question: phased array radar

Status
Not open for further replies.

devil6600

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
can anyone tell me if a phased array radar can be designed for 100mhz? if it can be done then i'll try to build one, it would be a good learning.
thanks

There's a relation of wavelength to required antenna size as well as detectable object size, that can be strongly hold against it.

But there are some P-band phased array radar, about 400M. Such as many wind profile radars.

---------- Post added at 22:33 ---------- Previous post was at 22:32 ----------

It is truly big of the antenna, such as VaisaLa wind profile radar, the antenna is about 2mX2mX2m.

I found references about a 8x8 m antenna array for the 400 MHz Vaisala wind profile radar, and 40x40 m for another type using frequencies around 50 MHz.

For the 2mX2m antenna, attached is the picture. And I don't know what the freq it is.

Attachments

• IMG_4728.jpg
    IMG_4728.jpg
    715.6 KB · Views: 94

thanks guys for response
i want to build it, object size/range does not matter to me, i just want to build one myself. if frequency is 2Ghz then antenna size can be reduced to few cms but how do i calculate antenna size for phased array radar? also it would require patch antenna?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back