Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quick Help: 50 Ohm Termination

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinite_gbps

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a pulse generator that only does 50 ohm out and a switch circuit that has an high impedance input. I see that this is a problem but would like to know how to have a quick fix.

Is it possible just to have a 50 ohm resistor to ground at the input? If not then what do I do?

Thanks!

You need to have a impedance matching circuit!!

You can locate an additional shunt resistor of 50 ohm at the switch circuit input.

You can locate an additional shunt resistor of 50 ohm at the switch circuit input.

...as long as the voltage is still high enough to triger the switch, otherwise leave the 50 ohm load off and keep the cable between the two short.

Reactions: eagle5

eagle5

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
If you terminate with a simply 50 Ohm, there won't be a reflection..
Use coaxial cable and make the ground connections well..

Depending on your signal frequency and bandwidth, you could just use a simple 50 ohm termination (for simple demand), or need extra 50 ohm connection as well, or even more complicated - a custom-designed impedance matching path door-to-door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back