Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions on Xilinx Virtex-4 power up requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

gongdori

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

In the Xilinx V4 datasheet, there is power supply ramp time requirement (Table 6 in DS595 DC and switching characteristics).
It says that the three voltage rails should be ramp up within 0.2ms to 50 ms. (I assume 0V to the 100%?)
I wonder where this requirement comes from.
Is it needed for the silicon to power up correctly, or is it related to FPGA configuration at power up?
If it is related to FPGA configuration at power up, can it be removed, if the configuration is delayed after powering up?
Thanks,

Gongdori

my understanding is this ramp up current requirement is not for the configuration...its for the initialization FPGA which you have to make sure to avoid any erroneous behaviour.....
you can relate it to surge current in a capacitor......its something like charging up the internal mosfets(or the equivalent capacitance seen by the power supply) instantaneously at once to stabilize and proceed with configuration or any other function.......

i found an applicatiion note for your reference....please have a look
https://www.ti.com/lit/an/slyt079/slyt079.pdf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back