Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions on metal mask change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

design_engineer

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
asic respin mask

Hello,

I am not familiar with metal mask changes and the costs/difficulty associated with them.

If I want to make a functional change to my asic by disconnecting and reconnecting a few wires, can this be done using a metal mask change? Even if the wires are on multiple metal layers? I do not need to change any cells or cell placement.

Wafers have already been built for the asic so I am stuck with a respin. For a 4-layer metal process, how many masks will be needed for the metal mask change? I dont know for sure if the NRE covers respins but in general, does it? Or do I have to pay extra for the respin?

Thanks for clearing my confusion.

Typically NRE costs to not cover respins.
And the mask shop would charge you extra if any changes have to be made to a mask you already handed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back