Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

questions in RF Circuit Design book

Status
Not open for further replies.

baby_1

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello dear
if there is no problem please at first download this 2papers of RF circuit design book.

in the first page "The effect of component q on loaded q"
this paragraph shows me that the equivalent of the inductor with series resistor in parallel.
1-what the inductor in parallel shows us?(at resonant and after and befor)

in the next page(2)
how does it draw the equivalent of inductor resistor in scheme 2-16C from 2-16B?because we have only inductor q and capacity in Henry with out resonant frequency?

Thanks

Attachments

• RF Circuit Design.pdf
    116.2 KB · Views: 104

1- The equivalent circuit is only valid for a single frequency
2- The resonance frequency is implicitely given by the parallel capacitor

Reactions: baby_1

baby_1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks FVm such as always
1-the equvalent shows what?could tell me an example?
2-could you calculate the Resistor in question 2 because according the text its related to inductor not capacitor?:

A RL series circuit with the impedance Z = R + jωL can be replaced by a parallel circuit with identical impedance
1/Z = Y = 1/R1 + 1/jωL1.

because according the text its related to inductor not capacitor
I didn't tell different. The capacitor allows to calculate the resonance frequency.

baby_1

Hello fvm
1-could you calculate with numeric equation according the uploaded file?i want to know how it find the 4.5Kohm resistor?
2-parallel equvalent of inductor with resistor shows us that in the resonant frequency we can omit the inductor and assume the parallel resistor only or shows us something else?

1-could you calculate with numeric equation according the uploaded file?i want to know how it find the 4.5Kohm resistor?
Unfortunately I can't because the numbers are apparently wrong. Rs=4.5k and Q=10 refers to XL=450 ohm. For the given L and C, XL in resonance is 45 ohm however. The numbers fit e.g. for L=5µ.

2- Yes. Omit L and C in resonance.

baby_1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back