Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions abt Layer Marker

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericmar

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Does anyone know anything abt the layermarker?
I hv a PCB and there is a row of 4 cells with number 1, 2, 3, 4. Apparently, this is a 4-layer board and each number was printed on each layer. So the number 1 can be seen clearly on the Top layer and number 2 can be seen barely on the 2nd layer, which is the Internal Layer 1. Number 3 and 4 are located in Internal Layer 2 and Bottom Layer, which can be seen from the back of this board.

I couldnt found anything useful abt the coordinate of this 4 numbers from the gerber files. The only related information I found is:
LayerMarker( 4 ) At( 4.6550, 1.1550 ) Angle( 0.00 )
Height( 0.0350 ) CopperTool( Standard Silk Screen )
Blockout( 4.3770, 1.2125, 4.9330, 1.2125, 4.9330, 1.0975, 4.3770, 1.0975 )

I wonder if this is auto-generated by the software. I'm trying to convert this board using Protel. Is there any function provided by Protel for making a Layermarker?

Thanks,
Eric

Layer marking is only for verifying weather PCB mfg stacked the layer’s in order
as we want.
I am attaching a image of layer how it should look in PCB
Layer marking should be written in text Etch (copper on the respective layer)
And solder mask should be removed in that area on both sides.
For Power Planes It should be written in side the plane as shown in layer 2 3 4 7 8 9.
If u add text in the power plan. U will get DRC error which is acceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back