Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions about using Cadence Allegro

Status
Not open for further replies.
antipad allegro

how to browse allegro footprints for capture cis?
like in altium, or other software: i dont have to open each foorprunt as a file, just browse in a list, and see how it looks like

allegro fill pins

noone knows, or just dont help?

no view allegro footprints cis explorer problem

Oh man is busy time here...
Ok depends how did you install your Cadence?
During instalation it prompt you which layout tool you will use for footprint.
Hopefully you have selected Allegro other wise you wont be able to browse.
Also inside .ini file you need to give library path for both Allegro and CIS.

M

capture.ini allegro cis path

if its installed correctly, then where do i have to click on the menus to have a footprint browser?
is it inside the CIS, or a separated program? please provide a "click here then click there... explanation."

allegro thermal relief flash update

buenos said:
thanx.

in the @ltium, if i press space, the component already rotates left by 90deg. if i want to rotate right by 90, i have to press 3 times, but even then the whole thing takes 0.1-0.5seconds. with the allegro, if i want to rotate, then i have to move the cursor away from the components, turn around, then the component moves away a littlebit and I have to move it back to the original location... it takes much more than 0.1-0.5secs, around 1-2secs. but if there are thousands of components, it can be weeks of extra time in design.

so, is it possible to use rotate in allegro, like in @ltium? (fixed rotate left by 90deg, immediately after i pressed a button)

don't think too much about the old-way from @ltium, allegro have their way to make things done(and fast too). you have to get used to it.
for change thousands of components (or anything else) by rotate/spin/text-size/mirror/move/.... in 0.01secs ........ watch the option windows!.

Added after 4 minutes:

buenos said:
if its installed correctly, then where do i have to click on the menus to have a footprint browser?
is it inside the CIS, or a separated program? please provide a "click here then click there... explanation."

you may easy find many answers from the Help, just click the menu "help" and search the keyword.

for view allegro components in CIS, as majnoon mentioned, that's about ini file. search "preview" "allegro footprint" .... in the CIS help.

sometimes it's not easy to answer the question with "click here and there" in few sentences. the "Help" have all the answers.

select measures and move them on allegro 2007

please provide a "click here then click there... explanation."

Please provide a CLEAR question.

Like MANY posters your questions are so Vague and general. Never mind that you have not stated which version of Allegro you are using.

Every Tool has its own way to get things done. Allegro by far is the Best tool bar non, is comprehensive and is friendly to use, and compare to many other tools it has less bugs. Cadence provides hot fixes twice per month.

All I can say is RTFM.

Regards,

M

allegro thermal relief circle

collect some questions availability improve design efficiency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back