Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions about pcell using cadence virtuoso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam2008

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
edit pcell cadence

Hi,

I am using cadence virtuoso to design a VCO. When generate layout from my schmatic, I am not able to see the pcell of the components. THere are only symbols with names in the layout window. How can I see the pcell of the components?

Thanks.

create a pcell with cadence

Hello,

Just try this go to the property of the pcell and change the View from symbolic to layout. If the library that you are using does not have layout of the symbols even then you cannot see the layout. So check for the layouts and then proceed the way I suggested.

Hope this helps you.

Paramjyothi

Adam2008

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
virtuoso pcell layouts

sounds to me as if you need to do a shift+F to make it displayed throughtout the hierarchy. Ctrl + F will change back to instance names.

pcell,symbol

Hi Paramjyothi,

Thanks for your help. Where can I find the propety of the pcell? Thanks again.

Adam

Added after 3 minutes:

Hi k_90,

I have tried what you suggested, not work. That's why I post it here.

Adam

Hello Adam,

In your schematic check the properties of the pcell symbols, the properties of pcell symbols will give you the location of the libraries that are being used in your design. Then go to that library and check whether there any layouts that have been created for that particular pcell symbol. If they are created then come to your layout editor and fill up the edit properties form for your pcell symbols with layout in the view option. This will change your pcell symbols to pcell layouts. But if they do not exist then you check for other libraries available in your library manager for your pcell layouts or need to create your own layouts.

In Layout Editor select the symbol and in menu bar go to: Edit ---> Properties or bindkey for that is " q", you will get a form and there you can change the properties.

shift f & ctrl f are are display icons only for viewing the hierarchy of layouts in a design.

Hope this helps you.

Paramjyothi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back