Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions about mimo antennas elements

Status
Not open for further replies.

nidhalodeh

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Antenna Elements

dear all,

i want to ask about mimo antennas,
how the bandwidth and the power distribued within the elements? and is there a maximum BW or data rate per each element?
is there any benifit from indivedual elements or we gain the benifits from the complete antenna?

THANK YOU
NIDHAL

Re: Antenna Elements

in multiple antenna system power is distributed equally otherwise waterfilling approach is used based on channel condition.
and in multiple antenna a single antenna can not provide any benefit of MIMO because all of the benefits of MIMO are achieved by considering multiple independant paths between sender and receiver.

hope this helps

Re: Antenna Elements

Ok that is good thanks for ur comments,

i have another question. is SISO , MISO or SIMO is better than MIMO in a special cases or MIMO is the best in all situations.
considering LOS with no multipath, in this case which one is better SISO, MISO, SIMO or MIMO "considering that the cost is not an important factor" i need in terms of system performance

Thank You
Nidhal

Status
Not open for further replies.