Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

questions about livedesign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buts101

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
questions about livedesign?

hello there...

1) what is the difference between Altium Livedesign board and altium

livedesign evaluation board?
2) is this right, spartan 3 has 1 million gates, i.e. pentium II can be

embedded in the board?
3) what is the difference between altium designer 6 and protel dxp 2004?
4) As i went through the quick technical manual of altium livedesign

board, it say minium specification of PC==> 1 gb ram,1.8 ghz,32mb

graphics card. doesn't it run in pentium 4,1.2ghz,256mb ram
5) does the board supports USB transfer??

thank you

ashish

1- both are the same. there is another board that altium offers and it is called the nanoboard. the altium livedesign evaluation kit is for evaluating the altium design software.

2- there are a number of different spartan 3 variants; XC3S50, XC3S200, XC3S400, XC3S1000, XC3S1500, XC3S2000, XC3S4000, XC3S5000 and they have gates from 50,000 (XC3S50) upto 5,000,000 (XC3S5000). now with that much gates you can do anything!!!

3- Protel DXP 2004 is a PCB design software and Altium Designer 6 is a complete suite of FPGA-PCB softwares. the previous version of Altium Designer 6 was the Altium DXP 2004 which included Protel and Nexar (the FPGA design software of altium)

4- i use the Altium DXP 2004 with an 800MHz and 256MB RAM system and it works fine. but the higher the system specs the better because PAR takes alot of time.

5- the board doesnt have a USB connector but you can make your own USB connector board and interface it with the Altium kit.

i hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back