Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

questions about Lcd screen drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgz

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Lcd screen

Hello everyone, just started using pic microcontrollers and i want to learn how to drive lcd screens, i'm thinking of buying an HD44780 screen. There are many sizes but i think that a 20x4 screen might suit me better, i want to know if driving an 20x4 pixels lcd is the same as driving an 40x4 or 16x2 lcd.

Re: Lcd screen

The procedure is the same, the settings are different.

georgz

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Lcd screen

I found the datasheet and an instruction set, do i need anything else to read before i begin??

Re: Lcd screen

Timing is a key, some procedures will mention to wait for 15 mSec, others will say 40 mSec.

In my case I needed to find the correct time for my system.

There are two initialization types, hardware and software, and is tricky what to choose, if you want to go safe choose the software one.

Good luck.

georgz

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Lcd screen

Well i'm not familiar with any of the two types if you could point me to the right direction i would appreciate it!

Thank you very much! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back