Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions about layout of transistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmed Atiya

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I want to ask 2 question about layout of transistors

1- which is preferable in layout of transistor to increase number of fingers or to make multiplier from the transistor.

2- why there is a pplus layer in the PMOS and nplus in NMOS

thanks for your help

Re: layout questions

1- which is preferable in layout of transistor to increase number of fingers or to make multiplier from the transistor.
---- in my own opinion, they are the same.

--- the P+ and the N+ are put in the active to make it P and N type, respectively.

fingering and mpar are most of times considered same by the layout design engineer.

but i got a description from one design engineer which says fingering is like folding a transistor while multiplying factor makes a bus .

Assume two transistors connected in series and have a finger of two. so the common net will be common for all four transistors, while in case of multiplying factor, there will be two pair os devices which will be connected in parallel... valid only when both devices are pmos or nmos.

hope the image attached clarifies it further

Ahmed Atiya said:
To achieve a low-resistive contact for the MOSFET's bulk connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back