Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

questions about input referred noise power

Status
Not open for further replies.

airboss

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out the input referred noise power for "Sense Amplifier".

As we know that, we usually model the noise within a system as a noise source followed by a noiseless amplifer A. If the output noise power is Pop, then the input referred noise power is Pop/(A^2).

For some time segments I'm observing for the sense amplifer, the input MOSFETs are in triode region. How do I find the input referred noise power?

We know in analog design, MOSFETs are mostly driven in saturation region so we can implement amplifier. Usually, we would refer the gain as A=gm*ro.

Can I apply the same equation for FETs in triode region? I mean, can I use the gm in troide region and the Ron in triode region and then plug them into the equation A=gm*ro, and then said input referred noise power is Pop/(A^2)?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

You can do it. This is just an equivalent manipulation. No assumption is made to the operation of the device.

airboss

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.