Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions about DSB mixer design

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrkhari

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Mixer Inquiry

Hai Guys:

Currently I am working on the design of DSB mixer, I would appreciate if you could kindly help me out in resolving some arising issues, as below:

1. What shall the output termination resistance range be applied to the output port?. I find that higher settings of resistance value highly improves the Conversion Gain.

2. What is the significance of obtaining the OIP3 and Output 1dB compression point compared to IIP3 and input 1dB compression point in an active circuit topology?.

Thanks in advance

Rgds

Re: Mixer Inquiry

hrkhari said:
Hai Guys:

1. What shall the output termination resistance range be applied to the output port?. I find that higher settings of resistance value highly improves the Conversion Gain.
Output port= IF Port ? In any case, the 3 Loads should be = Zo (i.e. 50 Ohm), Into coax or Waveguide domains, this give a freedom for the user to use transmission lines to connect other devices like LNA, circulators, filters etc.
hrkhari said:
2. What is the significance of obtaining the OIP3 and Output 1dB compression point compared to IIP3 and input 1dB compression point in an active circuit topology?.
OIP3=IIP3+Gain [dBm]
OPo1=IPo1+Gain [dBm]

Status
Not open for further replies.