Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions about 55-65 GHz antenna design

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirs4

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone. Has anyone designed the 55-66GHz antenna before? I have some questions about it:

1) which type of the antenna will be suitable for such a high frequenquenc range? microstrip patch antenna, slot antenna, dipole antenna or something else?

2) has anyone used the HFSS for it, please contact me on my email amirs4@excite.com

Re: antenna design

What is your progress for designing this antenna? I think such broad bandwidth is a big problem for patch antenna......

antenna design

i havent worked on the project yet, bcoz i am confused what to do? can u help me in this regard, i think u might have read the hfss tutorial in which dipole at fc = 30 ghz has been designed. however i dont know wether that is a valid design, what are the advantages of dipole at such frequecny over other antennas, secondly when used 54-66 ghz freq range with fc=60 ghz, the gain dropeed to 2.6db what do u think is it viable and can we use dipole for such frequency range.

Re: antenna design

Dipoles have 2.1 dBi of gain midband. I suggest you estimate the size needed for your 60 GHz dipole and then compare that to the feed liine you are considering. That will allow you to decide if you can build one.

Given enough time and money most things can be fabricated but you need to have enough of both. I think you will find the small size a challenge.

Waveguide based antennas may be easier to fabricate. The first question is really what do you want the antenna to do? Then you can decide what types to consider.

antenna design

The antenna of[with] your design of 1.polarization? 2.gain margna? So just enter a design.

Added after 10 minutes:

If design the antenna with 55-66 GHzs.The HFSS is on the so high frequency, whether in the electromagnetism field does the analytical field acquire an accurate result of result?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back