Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question scratchs TV CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamer87

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
is there a product that removes scratches from the CRT TV glass? i clean
cloth moistened with water and little detergent did not remove

Does anybody use an old CRT TV anymore? I can still remember them because I kept mine for a very long time.
My new 4K ultra high definition Smart TV is much better and its Black Friday cost was Very Low.

is there a product that removes scratches from the CRT TV glass? i clean
cloth moistened with water and little detergent did not remove

Rub wax or toothpaste, they'll make it less visible.

In a professional vein watch repairmen use a barely abrasive compound on watch crystals.

Or else you might try auto polishing compound., the grade used to create the mirror finish. (Avoid the harsher rubbing compound.)
Telescope makers use various grades of carborundum, and finally a rouge compound.

It's natural to rub with our fingertip. However there ought to be a narrow tool that rubs compound only in the scratch, yet not abrade neighboring smooth glass. I've never figured out how to do it.

In a professional vein watch repairmen use a barely abrasive compound on watch crystals.

Or else you might try auto polishing compound., the grade used to create the mirror finish. (Avoid the harsher rubbing compound.)
Telescope makers use various grades of carborundum, and finally a rouge compound.

It's natural to rub with our fingertip. However there ought to be a narrow tool that rubs compound only in the scratch, yet not abrade neighboring smooth glass. I've never figured out how to do it.

Maybe a q tip will do the trick?

Sure, a Q-tip is as good as anything else.

A fingertip is broad and could catch a large particle, while you rub it into the glass and create more obvious scratches.

There's advice to dab floor wax (or similar filler) on scratches. This seems like a good idea as long as no other substance is present which could prevent adhesion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back