Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question on receiving antenna impedance matching

Status
Not open for further replies.

yashiro32

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is the method of impedance matching of a receiving antenna the same as the impedance matching of a transmitting antenna ?

You start with using port1 of the VNA to transmit a signal to the receiving antenna then get the S11 and antenna's impedance and then subsequently do the impedance matching ?

This is valid only if TX and RX use the same antenna, and the same frequency.
If TX and RX use the same antenna but different frequencies, situation is more complicated.

This is valid only if TX and RX use the same antenna, and the same frequency.
If TX and RX use the same antenna but different frequencies, situation is more complicated.

I am using this receiving antenna for GPS. Only a receiving antenna is required as this antenna is connected to a GPS receiver IC. So can i still apply the matching transmit antenna method to match my receiving antenna ?

OK, the receiver is GPS, but what network is your transmitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back