Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question on interfacing USB-OTG and USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

gongdori

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have a question on interfacing between USB-OTG device and USB 2.0 slave device.
If I have a custom board with USB-OTG and a USB 2.0 compliant device, can I setup the custom board to be a master and make them communicate? Or, it is not allowed?
Thanks,

Gongdori

Support for the specific device class must be implemented in the OTG host software.

Thank you, FvM. That means it is possible to make my custom board talk to USB 2.0 slave device "with" specific device class implemented in the OTG software?
Is there any limitation on using OTG as a master vs. conventional USB master?
Also, it would be great if you can point me to any reference.
Thanks!

Gongdori

The differences are
- only one device connected at a time (no hubs supported)
- only known device classes or specific devices supported

You'll find OTG software examples with OTG capable controllers. Microchip has a number of ready-to-use OTG reference applications for their PIC24 and PIC32 processors in the application library.

I guess, others (NXP, Atmel, TI) offer similar support.

You should also review the USB specifications from www.usb.org/developers

Thank you!
I guess I need to go though that 800 page doc sometime soon.... :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back