Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question on Astro DRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeguoxian

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
notch drc

Dear All
When I used the axReportAntennaRatio commmand, Astro reported the violation net. And at the end of the report , there are :

DRC-SUMMARY
Do Notch DRC!
@@@@@@@ TOTAL VIOLATION = 8 (0)

I viewed the log file and found :

DRC-SUMMARY
Do Notch DRC!
4 : short
4 : same net notch

But I didn't find the violation in (Verify>DRC) and (Verify>LVS).
How can I find out the violation ?
And what does "(0)" mean ?

Regards
lgx

astro antenna violation

hi leeguoxian,

I am not sure why you are getting short & same net notch violations in axReportAntennaRatio. But unlike .18 technology, for 0.13nm and smaller designs, it is no longer valid to run notch and gap fill (geNewFillNG) after post route, since the
notch and gap fill command will create possible fat wire spacing violations and parallel length violations. To solve this problem, turn on the same net notch fix
option in the route common option form and run search and repair with the rerun DRC option.

If you are facing problems with fixing antenna violations, refer the new Antenna fixing Application note put in solvenet. It exhaustively covers all information for Antennas

Best Regards

notch + drc

Dear Sir,

"(0)" mean is no antenna violation,if you turn on HPO option.

Best regards,
Chyau

leeguoxian said:
Dear All
When I used the axReportAntennaRatio commmand, Astro reported the violation net. And at the end of the report , there are :

DRC-SUMMARY
Do Notch DRC!

I viewed the log file and found :

DRC-SUMMARY
Do Notch DRC!
4 : short
4 : same net notch

But I didn't find the violation in (Verify>DRC) and (Verify>LVS).
How can I find out the violation ?
And what does "(0)" mean ?

Regards
lgx

short violation astro

I think Chyau is wrong..

the (0) means its frozen.. that i can be cleared by astro for example if the DRC violations shows 8(4) then there are 8 DRC violations and in that 4 is frozen cant be cleared by astro search and repair so for the remaining violation can be cleared by search and repair and the frozen violations can be cleared by manual editing.. this (0) comes even without antenna HPO on..

Regards
Shankar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back