Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question on All-Pass active Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohideen

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am designing a circuit, and one portion of my circuit requires no filtration of my bandwidth.
So I was thinking weather should I include an all-pass filter or should I not include any filters at all.
So I would like to know what are the benefits of using all-pass filter compared to not using any filter at all and is it necessary?

Thank you.

*My circuit does not have any delay or phase shift.

An all-pass filter is a signal processing filter that passes all frequencies equally, but changes the phase relationship between various frequencies. It does this by varying its propagation delay with frequency. All pass-filters are generally used to compensate for other undesired phase shifts that arise in the system, or for mixing with an unshifted version of the original to implement a notch comb filter. Your circuit does not have any delay or phase shift, you need not to use an all-pass filter.
All-pass filter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hi all,

I am designing a circuit, and one portion of my circuit requires no filtration of my bandwidth.
So I was thinking weather should I include an all-pass filter or should I not include any filters at all.
So I would like to know what are the benefits of using all-pass filter compared to not using any filter at all and is it necessary?

Thank you.

*My circuit does not have any delay or phase shift.

I really do not understand the problem behind your question.
Your circuit does not need any filtering - fine, so I would not use any filter stage.
What could be the reason to include an allpass when there is no need for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.